With this newsletter, we would like to inform you about about the
- GAMM MSIP Assembly at the Annual GAMM Meeting 2018
- Annual GAMM Meeting 2018 in Munich
- SIAM Activity Group on Imaging Sciences
- New Job Openings
- Upcoming Workshops and Conferences
1.) GAMM MSIP Assembly at the Annual GAMM Meeting 2018
As usual, we will have our GAMM MSIP Assembly on Tuesday (20.3.) after the
schedule will be as follows:
- Report by the chair
- Future Activities
- Annual Workshop of our Activity Group for 2018 and 2019
We are looking forward to see you all there.
2.) Annual GAMM Meeting 2018 in Munich
The Annual GAMM Meeting 2018 will take place in Munich, Germany from
March 19-23, 2018. There will again be an exciting program in our research
areas, and members of our activity group will organize the following
- Two Plenary Talks from our group:
Lecturers are our members Volker Mehrmann (Berlin) and Joachim Weickert
- S21: Mathematical signal and image processing
Organizers: Felix Krahmer (München) and Benedikt Wirth (Münster)
For more information, please consult http://jahrestagung.gamm-ev.de/.
3.) SIAM Activity Group on Imaging Sciences
The SIAM Activity Group on Imaging Sciences has elected new officers,
with two officers from Europe:
- Chair: Gitta Kutyniok (Berlin)
- Vice Chair: Fiorella Sgallari (Bologna)
- Program Director: Stacey Levine (Pittsburgh)
- Secretary: Lars Ruthotto (Atlanta)
4.) New Job Openings (for the long version, please see our webpage)
- Postdoctoral Fellowships at Simon Fraser University
- Two Postdoctoral Positions at University of Vienna
- PhD Fellowships at Berlin International Graduate School in Model and Simulation based Research (BIMoS)
- Post-doctoral position at Emory University
- Faculty Position, Computational Math, Emory Univ
- W3 Position "Applied Mathematics", TU Berlin
- PhD/Post-Doc position at Institute of Mathematics and Image Computing (MIC), University of Lübeck
5.) Upcoming Workshops and Conferences
- GAMM Annual Meeting, Muenchen, 19.-23.3.2018.
- Workshop on Optimization, Machine Learning, and Data Science, Braunschweig, April 12 - 13, 2018.
- SIAM Conference on Imaging Science (IS18), Bologna, June, 5.-8, 2018.
Finally, if you have any suggestions or comments, we would be very
happy if you could let us know.
With best regards,
Martin Burger and Gitta Kutyniok